A well-designed workplace wellness initiative offers an organizational structure and an environment that supports employee health and encourages positive lifestyle behaviors like adequate physical activity, healthful eating, tobacco-free environments, and support for breastfeeding parents and employee well-being.
- Access to healthy food and beverages at work (vending, healthy snack stations, cafeteria, catering)
- Breast-feeding support and breast-feeding facilities
- Active transportation and access to facilities and opportunities
MN COMMERCIAL TOBACCO FREE
- Offer commercial tobacco – free environments, and cessation support (e.g. therapy and quit lines)
- Address stigma around mental health, build skills amongst managers to create a supportive environment around the mental health of employees
- Optimize support for employees well-being: flexible scheduling, paid family leave, telecommuting, personal well-being training and professional development