The purpose of the Partners in Healthy Living (PiHL) Community Leadership Team (CLT) is to establish, and grow community support within the four Statewide Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) strategy areas: school, community, workplace, and healthcare.
Last Spring, the CLT identified their role with Partners in Healthy Living.
• Act in an advisory capacity.
• Assist in mapping community assets.
• Identify decision makers related to SHIP Projects.
• Identify potential priorities.
• Assist in setting priorities.
• Identify and engage local champions who can help move the work forward.
• Ensure health inequities are being addressed.
• Work together to share resources and build successful initiatives.
• Provide expertise.
• Be an Agent & Ambassador.
At their last meeting, the PiHL Community Leadership Team participated in a training exercise to practice one on one interviews and visits. Taking the time to contact others in the community helps to build relationships, uncovers others’ interests, develops clarity and allows you to gather information. For some practical tips on participating in interviews or visits, click OneToOneVisits.
Our next PiHL Community Leadership Team meeting is Thursday, October 23, 2014, at the Isanti County Government Center in Cambridge, MN, from 2:00 – 4:00 pm. We can’t wait to see you there!
Missed last month? No worries! Read the minutes by clicking CLT Minutes August 2014.