Partners in Healthy Living organizes workplace wellness partners to meet monthly to collaborate on organizing, strategizing and gaining support for additional policy, systems and environmental changes for their worksites. Coordinators partner with workplace wellness groups to promote healthy eating, physical activity tobacco-free living and breastfeeding support.
Healthy Eating: Increase fruit and vegetable consumption, and decrease sodium, added sugar and saturated fat by addressing vending /healthy snack station, catering, and cafeteria food.
Physical Activity: Increase opportunities for physical activity such as: walking meetings, active break time and safe walking routes.
Tobacco-free: Tobacco-free living and cessation support.
Breastfeeding Support: Assisting with the implementation of breastfeeding rooms and breastfeeding policies.
Lifestyle Management: Organizational activities that build support for evidence-based lifestyle management programs.
Stress Management: Organizational activities that address stress from a policy, systems and environment perspective.
Partners in Healthy Living is proud to partner with:
Isanti County Worksite Wellness Committee has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2013.
- In 2016, PiHL was able to add hydration station for employees at three of it’s worksites.
- The Sheriff’s office was also able to purchase a grill and basketball hoop.
- A healthy snack station was also funded at the Government Center.
Kanabec County Wellness at Work Committee has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2009.
- In 2016, hydration stations were installed in all worksites.
- In 2016, a lactation room was created at the Courthouse and Public Service buildings along with a breastfeeding policy for county employees. Kanabec County received an award for its Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace.
- In 2017, Kanabec County implemented a bike fleet program for its employees.
Pine Technical & Community College has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2009.
- In, 2013, the employee and student garden bed was implemented and has since been sustained.
- Since 2013, healthy options have been offered in the cafeteria.
- Since 2014, employee walking meetings have been implemented.
Cambridge Medical Center has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2013.
- In 2016, PiHL assisted in the funding of the Cambridge Giving Garden which provided a sign and supplies.
Mille Lacs County Wellness Committee has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2015.
- Since 2016, all three locations have a healthy snack station and hydration stations.
- Since 2017, three locations have implemented bike fleets.
FirstLight Health System has been a partner working SHIP initiatives since 2016.
- In 2016, FirstLight Health System installed bicycle racks and signs at their Pine City and Hinckley sites.
- In 2017, it added a hydration station at its Hinckley site.
- In 2017, a breastfeeding station was added to its Mora site.
Cambridge-Isanti School District has been a partner working SHIP initiatives since 2016.
- In 2017, the District completed a work assessment.
- In 2017, PiHL provided local stress management resources.
In 2018, Lakes and Pines, CAC purchased BMI scales for 11 of their employees’ satellite office sites. They wellness committee provided a presentation on how to use the scale, benefits and additional health and wellness education/resources were provided to staff.
In 2018, Ogilvie Public Schools created two outdoor stress free zones for staff that are located next to the walking trail. A basket of activities such as Sudoku, Frisbee, adventure journals, adult coloring books are available for their use. Healthy snack options will also be available.
Essentia Health – Sandstone has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2016.
- In 2017, it added a breastfeeding room.
Pine County has been a partner working on SHIP initiatives since 2009.
- In 2017, it added a breastfeeding room at the Courthouse.
- In 2016, it added healthy snack station to all of its locations.
In 2018, Recovering Hope Treatment Center created a breastfeeding room that includes a comfortable chair, end table, rock lamp, and signage.
In 2018, Coborn’s Marketplace Isanti transformed part of their community room to me more approachable for employees to be active. They added room dividers to help create a private space with yoga mats, stability balls, resistance bands and yoga/exercise meditation flashcards.
In 2018, GracePointe Crossing began working on healthy eating opportunities for staff and developing a policy to support healthy catering for meetings.