The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources No Child Left Inside (NCLI) grant program is now accepting applications for the 2023 grants. Applications must be received by 2:00 p.m. CST, Wednesday, December 7, 2022. Submitted applications will not be reviewed until after the deadline. Please visit our website to learn more.
An informational webinar will take place at 3:30 p.m. CST on Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022, to review grant requirements, discuss the application process, and to answer questions. If you would like to attend, pre-register here. The webinar will also be recorded and posted to the No Child Left Inside webpage when available.
The 2023 grants will consist of two types of grant awards. Applicants must choose only one.
· Mini Grants, with awards between $500-$5,000, will include a simple application and projects with smaller scope. Eligible projects will be entered into a lottery, and awards granted randomly on a regionally-balanced, statewide basis.
· Larger Grants, with awards between $5,001-$25,000, will include a more extensive application process and greater project scope. Eligible projects will be competitively reviewed and awarded statewide on a per capita basis.
There are $450,000 in total funds available for the 2023 grants. Up to $180,000 of those funds will be dedicated to fishing and hunting related projects.
Please review the Request for Proposals for a complete listing of criteria and requirements.
· Applicants must be a non-profit organization, school, tribal nation, or public entity with an educational purpose that supports natural resource education and/or outdoor recreation for a youth audience.
· Match is required and considered when evaluating grant applications. In-kind match support is allowed.
· Priority will be given to projects that are community-focused with an ongoing impact, new and innovative programming, and those that serve new and diverse audiences with limited opportunities.
· Past recipients of a NCLI grant are NOT eligible.
· This a reimbursable grant process. No funding is provided up front.
If you have additional questions about these grants or any of the application materials, please email outreachgrants.dnr with the subject line “Grant Questions”or call 888-MINNDNR
Education and Skills Team Supervisor | Fish and Wildlife Outreach
Outreach Grants Specialist| Fish and Wildlife Outreach
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55115
No Child Left Inside website: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/no-child-grants/index.html
Registration for Informational Webinar: https://minnesota.webex.com/minnesota/onstage/g.php?MTID=e6fa0f171dd9893c6395c9aa1940156f1